Wednesday, March 02, 2011

AK72

Hello, again, my wonderful old Friends. I have missed you all so much.

To be honest, I don't know how many of you will see this because my hiatus is turning out to be much longer than I intended. Much like our title man, I am experiencing some setbacks in my condition (though, mine are not as serious as Siddo's). Those of you who have befriended me on Facebook know the situation, but for those who don't, long story short: my doctor and I are facing obstacles in my treatment due to my health insurance. I'm still not feeling well, which is the reason for my absence here.

(Click to enlarge)

So what finally brought me back tonight? Facebook Friends of mine also know that I am very excited - ecstatic, really - about reacquiring one Alexei Kovalev. You see, had I started a hockey blog a decade ago, it would have been called The Alex Kovalev Show. He was my first favorite hockey player. I have been beside myself since he came back to us last week. (Haha, as woodstock put it, "You've wanted him back since the day after he was traded.") I cannot wait to finally see him in a Pens uni again on March 20th. SQUEE!!! If Siddo is able to come back this season, seeing him on the same ice on the same team as Kovy will absolutely be a dream come true for me. :D

YYYYYEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back, Alex!

There has been no news of our fearless leader. He's still not symptom free, which means he's still not exercising, which means he's still not able to come back. A concussion is a brain injury that only rest and time can heal. There is a very real possibility we may not see him again this season. But I'd rather wait until September to see him in action again than see him come back too soon and suffer a setback or worse, [*gulps*] end his career prematurely.

Take all the time you need, Siddo. We'll all still be here when you get back.

At this point, I'm just going to try to get The Show back on track slowly and ease my way into it in time for the playoffs. Hopefully by then, my condition will improve and I'll be feeling well enough to deal with the anonymous keyboard warriors who made writing for TSCS too difficult and stressful for me while I've been ill. For now, I'm going to shoot for one quality post a week. I hope there are still a few people out there willing to share my love of the Penguins, their Captain, and an old favorite of mine. :D


Tonight, our Boys are back up in Toronto for the second of back-to-back away games versus the Leafs.

GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)